1. Prize Details, Odds, and Entry Information: Prizes, descriptions, and approximate retail values are listed at http://www.thelongthaw.com. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of entries. Actual retail value of prizes will vary based on location of the winner, dates of travel, and other factors. Allow four (4) to six (6) weeks after validation of arrangement for receipt of prize. There is no substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prizes allowed. The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. The Promotion Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. In order to receive a prize, winner may be required to provide proof of identification or eligibility. For residents of the United States all federal, state, and local taxes, if any, are the responsibility of the winner. The winner of any prize with a value of $600 or greater will be issued a 1099 U.S. Tax Form for the retail value of the prize.
Grand Prize trip consists of round-trip coach air transportation (from gateway city nearest winner’s home), double-occupancy lodging accommodations for two (2) consecutive nights, and admission to the festival or event. Winner and guests must travel on the same itinerary and on the dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner (time permitting). Winner and guests must comply with all travel requirements, which may include, without limitation, presenting necessary identification (including passport or driver’s license) at the time of travel. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Any costs incurred due to changes to the original itinerary are solely the winner’s responsibility. Travel and accommodations are at Harpoon’s discretion and subject to availability and change. Travel must be round trip and winner and guests must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time. Harpoon reserves the right to determine airline, hotel and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates. Ground transportation (other than as stated above), meals, gratuities and all other expenses not specified herein are solely winner’s responsibility. If prize winner is within 200 miles of the brewery, a gas card will be provided in lieu of round-trip coach air transportation. ARV is $2000. Actual value depends on ultimate destination/ city/day/time of departure.
Entry instructions for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are listed at http://www.thelongthaw.com/facebook.html, http://www.thelongthaw.com/twitter.html, and http://www.thelongthaw.com/instagram.html respectively. Limit one entry per person per day. Entry t-shirt prizes limited to one per person.
2. Eligibility: The Promotion is open to legal residents of the United States (excluding California, Florida, and West Virginia), who are at least 21 years old at the time of entry. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant accepts the terms and conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Promotion Sponsor and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in the Promotion. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of the Promotion Sponsor and Mass Bay Brewing Company, Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, wholesale distributors, retail licensees and legal advisors, and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW and is subject to applicable federal, state, provincial/territorial and local laws and regulations. Entries that are submitted in connection with the Promotion will only be eligible if such entries do not contain content that is unlawful, hateful or obscene, in the Promotion Sponsor’s sole discretion, and do not include any other identifiable individual other than the individual participant unless prior express consent is obtained from such individual. Entries that might infringe copyrights, trademarks, or other rights of third parties cannot be accepted. Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Mass Bay Brewing Company, Inc. or its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Mass Bay Brewing Company, Inc. wishes to associate. Entry cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote the excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol, or promote illegal use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain an image of anyone under 21 years of age; or (e) depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law. The Promotion Sponsor will allow only those entries that meet all of these criteria, in the sole discretion of the Promotion Sponsor, to be posted.
3. Use of Content: By submitting content to the Promotion Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, you acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and that you are providing information to Harpoon and not Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. You automatically represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, and do hereby grant, to Promotion Sponsor the paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, non-exclusive right and license to (a) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any such content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate all or any portion of it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party that may exist in such content; and (b) use the content, including without limitation, the right and license to make, use, sell, offer for sale, and import any products and/or services which practice or embody, or are configured for use in practicing, all or any portion of the content and the right to practice. You warrant that the content has not been copied from any third party and its use by Promotion Sponsor will not infringe or involve the misappropriation of any third party rights and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Promotion Sponsor and its affiliates from and against any breach of this warranty. Under no circumstances will the Promotion Sponsor be required to treat any content as confidential. The Promotion Sponsor will be entitled to use the content for any purpose whatsoever without permission from or compensation to you or any other person. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promotion Sponsor will not be liable to you or any other person for any ideas for the Promotion Sponsor’s business (including, without limitation, product designs or ideas) derived from the content and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities to the content that may appear in any future products or services of the Promotion Sponsor. You agree to execute any additional documents proposed by the Promotion Sponsor to effectuate and confirm your responsibilities herein.
You agree that you have the full and exclusive right and authority to grant the rights granted hereunder and agree that this Consent and Release does not in any way conflict with any existing commitment on your part.
4. Selection of Winner: Winners will be chosen at random and notified by direct message. In the event the winner does not accept the prize within five (5) business days of such notice, the winner is ineligible, or the prize or prize notification is not deliverable, an alternate winner may be contacted. The Promotion Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. Winners agree to the use of his/her name, address (by reference only to the state, province, county or region), likeness, and/or prize information by Promotion Sponsor for promotional purposes in any medium without additional permission or compensation to the extent permitted by law. Where lawful, the winners and travel companion may be required to sign and return a Publicity Consent and Liability Release.
5. Winner List: For the first name, last initial, city and state of the winner, send a self-addressed envelope (postage not required) by May 15th, 2014 to the Promotion Sponsor (residents of Vermont and Washington need not include return postage).
6. Promotion Sponsor:
Mass Bay Brewing Company, Inc.
306 Northern Ave.
Boston, MA 02210
7. Conditions: The Promotion Sponsor and their respective agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (the “Released Entities”), are not responsible for, shall not be liable for, and hereby disclaim, to the fullest extent permitted by law) all liability arising from or relating to: (i) late, lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, misaddressed, incomplete, or unintelligible; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, whether human or technical; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer or e-mail transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Promotion Sponsor; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Promotion; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Promotion should any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the Promotion Sponsors’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In the event that proper administration of the Promotion is prevented by such causes as contemplated above, the Promotion Sponsor will select the winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such occurrence. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. By participating in the Promotion, participants and the winner agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Entities, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Promotion, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Promotion, participation in the Promotion, the prize, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or participant’s right of publicity. A Winner must clearly disclose his/her connection to Promotion Sponsor when making favorable comments or public statements in social media or otherwise about Promotion Sponsor and/or its Products. A Winner is expressly prohibited from making any claim on behalf of Promotion Sponsor or making any claim about Promotion Sponsor or its Products that Promotion Sponsor could not legally make on its own behalf, including making any claims regarding performance, results, or qualities of Promotion Sponsor’s Products that require substantiation or any form of proof.
8. Notice: The Promotion Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of the Promotion in violation of these Official Rules and/or criminal and/or civil law.